Friday, October 28, 2011

The Ferry Around the Battery on October 26

I periodically ride the ferry from the Pier 11 at Wall Street to Hoboken (from where I catch my train home) to get some pictures of the river traffic and the construction and demolition they're doing in downtown Manhattan.  Got some boat photos and some photos of the construction at the World Trade Center.  I like how the sun was hitting the new building in the bottom photo.  I hope you enjoy them.

I think this is the Staten Island Ferry

The Nantucket (whatever it may be) near Ellis Island
Liberty Island Ferry
It's been more than 10 years since the towers fell.  Due to the petty bickering of those who feel they have a stake  in the rebuilding of the site, we are still in the building stage.  7 World Trade Center was completed more than 5 years ago.  We won't see any more buildings complete prior to 2013.

No comments: